Welcome to Preschool!
We believe children learn best when they are given the opportunity to explore and discover in an atmosphere where they feel safe, accepted and loved. Learning occurs naturally when children's interests and passions are captured.
Authentic relationships with children and their families. This is Gateway Village.
Our educators strive to stimulate intellectual development through teacher-directed activities that accommodate interest levels, learning styles and attention spans. We work to help children develop positive patterns of interaction with others, an excitement about learning and a strong sense of self. Relationships are nurtured through small class sizes and our teacher to child ratios exceed state licensing standards.
Q: Can I register my child to attend 2 or 3 days a week?
A: We plan to maintain the full time, Monday through Friday (5 days per week) schedule only for the 2021/2022 school year.
Q: Do you have lunch time as part of the daily schedule?
A: Students will have lunch in school but are required to bring lunches (nut free) from home. Gateway Village will be providing 2 nut free snacks during our snack time. We are a nut free preschool. We do not allow food that has nuts, traces of nuts, or processed in a facility that processes nuts.
Q: Are the children required to wear masks all day or only while they are in hallways, restrooms, etc.? Do they have to wear masks while sitting at their desks?
A: Your child will need to wear a mask inside the building. They will get breaks from wearing masks when they are outside and during snack/lunch time.
Q: What are your health and safety practices?
A: The following best practices will be implemented:
- Physical distancing - the students will be seated 3 feet apart and social distancing will be maintained as much as possible and encouraged throughout the day.
- The same groups of children will be maintained daily.
- Cloth face coverings - masks are recommended, unless for reasons documented by a medical professional. All teachers and staff will be wearing masks inside the building.
- Daily health screening to include symptom-check questionnaires and no-touch temperature checks for staff and students. Health screening will be done in the morning during drop-off.
- We will limit the use of supplies and equipment to one group of children at a time; clean and disinfect between use. Sharing of devices will be discouraged.
- Enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting practices.
- The students will be provided with opportunities for frequent hand washing.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available in the school, but children will also need to have hand sanitizers in their bags as well.
- Students will bring their nut free lunches from home, and we will be providing nut free snacks.
Q: When is the first day of school?
A: The 2021-2022 school year will begin on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. We follow the LCPS school calendar for holidays and weather closures.
Q: Do I need to be a member of Gateway Community Church to enroll my child in Gateway Village?
A: While we'd love for you to join our Sunday services, you do not need to attend or be a member of Gateway Community Church.
Q: Our family is not Christian, will my child be required to participate in religious activities?
A: You or your child will never be asked to participate in anything that feels uncomfortable. We are a ministry of Gateway Community Church and therefore will introduce Christian beliefs to our students. This might look like a short prayer of thanks before snack, or a craft associated with a Bible story.