Passionate about education and committed to serving the needs of families? Gateway Village Children’s Center (a ministry of Gateway Community Church) is seeking a caring and energetic Director to lead our highly talented team of educators.
- Establish a safe, healthy, and welcoming school setting; oversee programs and activities to engage and educate young children.
- Provide leadership and support for a team of educators in the day-to-day operations and special events of the preschool.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop staff ensuring a continuous learning culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Develop open lines of communication with staff, parents, and children.
- Demonstrate Christian faith in guiding the school programs and curriculum.
- Provide unparalleled customer service to families; serve as the primary point of contact for issues and escalations.
- Ensure full compliance with federal, state, and center standards regarding policies, regulations, and requirements including licensing, safety, and sanitation.
- Implement and continuously improve all program policies and procedures.
- Participate in marketing events, campaigns, and community relations.
- Meet or exceed financial goals and objectives.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred but equivalent experience desired.
- Proven experience and success as director of a large preschool.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in education administration and business administration.
- Minimum of one year teaching experience required; three years teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, goals and objectives of early childhood education.
- Familiarity with state licensing standards for a preschool program director, including but not limited to criminal background screening and fingerprinting.
- The ability to obtain certification in adult and pediatric CPR and First Aid is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Gateway Village provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with relevant work experience and education.