Preschool Summer Camp Counselor
Gateway Village Children’s Center is a religiously-exempt ministry of Gateway Community Church, offering preschool, kindergarten enrichment and after-school care for children 2.5 -11 years of age. Located in the Dulles South area on 17 acres, our brand new, state-of-the-art facility has over 36,000 square feet of indoor space and a spacious outdoor playground.
We are currently seeking an energetic, loving, highly skilled Preschool Summer Camp Counselor to join our team of professionals. If you are inspired by the love of learning, are passionate about education and committed to serving the needs of families, then we want to hear from you.
The position is part-time, with hours from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. Summer Camp Begins June 25th and goes through August 3rd. Candidates must have excellent references, reliable transportation, and be willing to commit to working the entire summer.
- Implement age-appropriate activities to meet the needs of the whole child in a fun, interactive environment
- Ensure the daily care and well-being of every child by following all policies and procedures of the Center
- Serve as primary point of contact for parents for day-to-day activities and progress of children; communicate effectively with parents, staff, and leadership team
- Keep the classroom organized, clean and prep classroom for the activities of each day before students arrive
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a teacher in a preschool camp or early childhood education environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent preferred
- The ability to obtain certification in adult and pediatric CPR and First Aid is required
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Experience leading a classroom and creating classroom activities