Preschool Assistant Teacher
We are currently seeking an energetic, and skilled Assistant Teachers to join our team of professionals for the 2021/2022 School Term (Aug 2021 to May 2022).
The position is part-time, typical schedule is from 8:30 AM to 2 PM. The preschool follows the Loudoun County Public School calendar with respect to holidays and school closings. Candidates must have excellent references, reliable transportation, and be willing to commit to working the entire school year.
- Partner with the lead teacher to deliver lesson plans, implement school curriculum, assess and address developmental needs of students.
- Assist the lead teacher to ensure the daily care and well-being of every child by following all policies and procedures of the center
- Keeping the classroom organized and clean; prepping classroom to ensure it is ready each day before students arrive
- Maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment; ensure classroom schedule and activities are followed
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as an assistant teacher in a preschool or early childhood education environment
- A high-energy team player who works well with children, parents and staff
- A strong understanding of emotional and developmental needs of children
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- The ability to obtain certification in adult and pediatric CPR and First Aid is required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Compensation & Benefits:
Gateway Village provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with relevant work experience and education.